- Deity: Tirupati Balaji is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, one of the principal deities in Hinduism. He is often depicted with a dark complexion, wearing a crown, and standing with his right hand in the abhaya mudra (gesture of reassurance) and his left hand resting on his hip.
- Tirumala Temple: The main shrine of Tirupati Balaji is located atop the Tirumala hills in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India. Devotees from all over the world visit this temple to seek the blessings of Lord Venkateshwara.
- Devotees and Offerings: Devotees often make offerings to Lord Venkateshwara in the form of money, jewelry, and other valuables. The temple receives large donations, and the proceeds are used for various charitable purposes and the maintenance of the temple.
- Legend: There are various legends associated with Tirupati Balaji, but one of the most famous is the story of Lord Venkateshwara borrowing money from the divine treasurer Kubera to pay for his wedding expenses to Goddess Padmavati. Devotees believe that they can contribute to paying off this divine debt by making offerings to the temple.
- Devotional Practices: Devotees visit the temple to offer prayers, make donations, and seek blessings for various purposes, including seeking relief from difficulties, expressing gratitude, or simply to strengthen their spiritual connection.
- Festivals: The temple hosts various festivals throughout the year, with the Brahmotsavam being one of the most prominent. During this festival, the temple witnesses a grand celebration that attracts a large number of devotees.
- Vaikuntha Ekadashi: This is a significant festival celebrated in honor of Lord Venkateshwara. It falls on the eleventh day of the lunar month of Margashirsha (usually in December or January). Devotees believe that observing fasts and prayers on this day can lead to spiritual liberation.
Lord Tirupati Bala Ji | wooden brass | Golden Brass Idol
Tirupati Balaji, also known as Lord Venkateshwara or simply Balaji, is a highly revered deity in Hinduism, and the presiding deity of the Sri Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala, Andhra Pradesh, India. The temple is one of the most visited and wealthiest temples in the world. Here are some key aspects of Tirupati Balaji:
- Tirumala Temple
- Devotees and Offerings
- Devotional Practices
- Vaikuntha Ekadashi
Item may vary slightly from the picture shown above, the colour or shape might be slightly different